The Drama Workshop is now accepting submissions for Home Brew Theatre 7.
Home Brew Theatre is TDW’s festival featuring short plays by local authors, including a Meet the Artists reception where local beer is featured. Since Home Brew Theatre’s inception in 2016, it has quickly become Cincinnati’s premiere short play festival.
Home Brew Theatre 7 will be staged at TDW’s Glenmore Playhouse one weekend only, January 19-21, 2024.
- Plays on any topic will be considered. There is no theme. Dramas, comedies and musicals will be considered
- Plays should be 10 minutes long.
- Plays must be unpublished.
- Plays must not have been performed for a paying audience in the greater Cincinnati area in the two years prior to the January 2023 performance. (Public readings and workshops are permitted.)
- Plays should require very little in terms of props and sets. We have to transition quickly between plays. We will use tables, chairs, rehearsal cubes, and not much else.
- Playwrights must live within 100 miles of Cincinnati, and are encouraged to attend at least one performance.
- Limit 2 submissions per playwright.(Maximum 1 per playwright will be produced.)
- Plays must be submitted anonymously. No identifying information can appear on the document itself. All contact information should be in the body of the submission email.
- Playwrights of selected plays will receive a small honorarium.
- Playwrights may be consulted regarding production aspects of their plays, but final decision making resides with the production creative team and The Drama Workshop.
- All performance and publishing rights will remain the ownership of the authors.
Email your submission(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “HBT7 Submission: [Play Title(s)]”.
Submissions will be accepted through 9/17/2023.
Thank you! Looking forward to reading your submissions!
The Home Brew Theatre Production Team.