Call for Submissions!
Authors sharpen your pencils!
The Drama Workshop will present Home Brew Theater 5 the weekend of June 12-14, 2020 at the Glenmore Playhouse in Cheviot.
The annual festival features productions of short plays by local authors, and a reception featuring local beer.
- Plays are to be maximum 10 minutes in length.
- Plays maybe on any topic.
- Plays must be unpublished.
- Plays must not have been produced in the Greater Cincinnati area in the year prior to the June 2020 performance. (Previous public readings/workshops are allowed.)
- Plays should require very little in the way of sets, props and costumes. We will use four chairs, four rehearsal cubes, and only the props that the actors can bring on and off with themselves. Plays requiring more will not make the cut.
- Playwrights must be live within 100 miles of Cincinnati, and are encouraged to attend at least one performance.
- Limit 2 submissions per playwright.
- Plays are to be submitted in standard playwright format, attached as either pdf or docx and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ALL SUBMITTED SCRIPTS MUST BE ANONYMOUS. PUT NO IDENTIFYING INFORMATION ON THE DOCUMENT ITSELF. Please include full contact information in the body of the email only.
- Submissions will be accepted from January 2, 2020 through February 2, 2020.
Playwrights of selected plays will receive a small honorarium.
There will be a “Best on the Stage” Award voted on by the audience, and a “Best on the Page” Award voted on by the selection team. Awards will be non-monetary.
Playwrights may be consulted regarding production aspects of their play, but final decision making resides with the production creative team and The Drama Workshop.
All performance and publishing rights will remain the ownership of the author.