Call for Submissions!
Authors sharpen your pencils!
The Drama Workshop will present Home Brew Theater the weekend of June 7-9, 2019 at the Glenmore Playhouse in Cheviot.
The annual festival features full productions of short plays by local authors, and a reception featuring local beer. This year again the beer will be supplied by our friends at West Side Brewery.
• Plays are to be maximum 10 minutes in length.
• Plays maybe on any topic.
• Plays must be unpublished.
• Plays must not have been produced in the Greater Cincinnati area in the last year. (Previous public readings/workshops are allowed.)
• Plays should require very little in the way of sets, props and costumes.
• Playwrights must be local to the Greater Cincinnati area.
• Limit 2 submissions per playwright.
• Monologues and short musicals will be considered.
• Plays are to be submitted in standard playwright format, attached as either pdf or docx and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include full contact information in the body of the email and the title page of the submission.
• Do not include the author’s name in the body of the script.
• Submissions will be accepted from January 2, 2019 through February 2, 2019.
Playwrights of selected plays will receive a small honorarium. Playwrights will be consulted regarding production aspects of their play, but final decision making resides with the production creative team and The Drama Workshop. All performance and publishing rights will remain the ownership of the author.